Home » COVID-19 Forces Biya To Cancel Labour, National Day Festivities

COVID-19 Forces Biya To Cancel Labour, National Day Festivities

by Atlantic Chronicles
Atlantic Chronicles

Labour Day and National Day celebrations have been cancelled in Cameroon by the President, Paul Biya.

The President cited the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to respect social distancing as the reason for the decision.

The information is contained in a press release issued on Wednesday, April 22, and signed by the Minister of State, Secretary-General at the Presidency of the Republic, Ferdinand Ngoh Ngoh.

[myAds]

What The Rumour Mill Is Alleging

Prior to the decision of the President to suspend the festivities, many, who had believed the wild rumours and tales that President Biya had died, said the latter will either be absent or suspend the National Day celebrations.

Even after Biya appeared on national television alongside the French Ambassador to Cameroon at the Presidency, some staunch promoters and believers of the death claims still insisted that the scene was created from old video footage at the Presidency.

The April 22 communiqué from the presidency might again be used to deepen and spread further rumours about the President’s wellbeing.

Though the rumours have had their place in daily discussions amongst Cameroonians, it is common knowledge that States and Nations around the globe are suspending all public activities that attract crowds, as a deterrent measure towards reducing and controlling the spread of the Coronavirus.

So far, the Government of Cameroon has announced that public activities like schools, will resume on June 1. The given date is tentative due to the existing COVID-19 cases in Cameroon.

[myAds]

You may also like

9 comments

semarak June 24, 2024 - 11:57 pm

With internet full of dupe articles it is nice to find original content like yours thank you so very much.

santosa June 25, 2024 - 3:07 pm

Hello this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Travailleurs Détachés June 28, 2024 - 11:37 pm

I like your style!

Gestion du transport June 29, 2024 - 2:06 am

Clear, concise and easy to access.

online pharmacy July 5, 2024 - 4:46 am

Surprisingly good post. I really found your primary webpage and additionally wanted to suggest that have essentially enjoyed searching your website blog posts. Whatever the case I’ll always be subscribing to your entire supply and I hope you jot down ever again soon!

Hít Lồn Bò July 11, 2024 - 5:18 am

Just wanna admit that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

메이저리그중계 July 11, 2024 - 1:01 pm

Sometimes, the sheer magnitude of the information seems overwhelming.

https://eliveragroup.com/products/acc-200 July 11, 2024 - 11:31 pm

I think I will become a great follower.Just want to say your post is striking. The clarity in your post is simply striking and i can take for granted you are an expert on this subject.

cặc lỏ club July 13, 2024 - 12:19 pm

I don’t normally comment but I gotta say appreciate it for the post on this one : D.