Over 50 journalists, CSOs, Women, Youth and Community Leaders drawn from different parts of the Southwest Region have developed palpable recommendations to end the armed conflict rocking the two restive Anglophone regions of Cameroon.
They produced the recommendations at the end of a training on peacebuilding process and conflict transformation organised by the Global Forum for the Defence of the Less Privileged, GFDLP in Buea, Southwest Region.
The recommendations are as follows:
- Need for more Peace journalists and Activists to change the narrative in the field.
- Need for nonviolent communication to be instituted in schools, media houses, and community.
- The deconstruction of minds in order to deescalate violence.
- Preaching the narratives of other countries to expose the negativities of war.
- Preaching peace in our private spaces and spheres of influence.
- The need for psychological support/therapy for the victims.
- The gradual demilitarization and need for a peacekeeping mission.
- Peace studies to be added to the curriculum.
The participants resolved to begin implementing the recommendations so as to transform the mindset of the public, hence, the respective communities rise above the tribulations.